Integrated Resource Management Plan
What is IRMP?
- The IRMP is a long-term strategic land use plan for managing the natural resources of the reservation.
- The IRMP takes a proactive approach to management rather than reactive.
What are natural resources?
- The IRMP has potential benefits for the future uses of natural resources such as water, air,fish & wildlife,land,woodlands/traditional plants.
How is the IRMP developed?
- The IRMP is formed through gathering community views,concerns and priorities about natural resources. We have held phone surveys and focus groups in order to gather this information.
What is the goal of the IRMP?
- The goal of the IRMP is to create a balance within natural resource management actions which reflects the social, cultural, economic and natural resource values of reservation residents.
Who does it affect?
- The IRMP affects the entire community of Akwesasne because it is a long-term strategic plan for the future.
What can I do?
- You can take ownership, make your views known. It is a community owned plan based on the concerns and priorities of the people.
How do I take ownership?
- Review the IRMP draft. The IRMP draft will be available for public comment soon. You will be able to view the draft and give us your feedback (comments/concerns).
We'll let you know when the draft is available through:
- Local Newspaper
You'll be able to review the draft at the following locations.
- SRMT Environment Division Office
- SRMT Administration Building
- Akwesasne Library