Let us give thanks to the mother earth, who has sustained our ancestors, and relations since the beginning of time. Her skin, the soils, provide for all forms of life. From the dry desert sands to the moist earth of the forest, she gives to all. Her bones, the rocks and stones support her, and the weight of all life, while maintaining strength and beauty as intended. Let us honor her with thanks. So be it in your mind. Now our minds are as one.
Onhwentsà:ke provides access to equipment, software, and training resources for Tribes and First Nations interested in developing Geographic and other information systems.
Onhwentsà:ke is located in the Environment Division Offices on Raquette Point in the Mohawk Nation Territory of Akwesasne.
2 Dell Optiplex Workstations
HP DesignJet 815 MFP
- ArcGIS - Classroom
- ArcGIS - Virtual Campus Online
- GPS Data Collection
- Tribal XML for National Databases
- Web page Authoring
Global Positioning System (GPS) Units can achieve mapping grade, sub-meter positional accuracy.
2 – Trimble GeoXT Handheld Data Collectors w/ ArcPad, Beacon on a Belt (BoB) and external antennas.
- ArcGIS 9.0 desktop Package:
- ArcCatalog / ArcToolbox / ArcMap
- 3D Analyst w model Builder and Arc Globe
- Spatial Analyst
- Geostatistical Analyst
- Microsoft StreetMap
- Survey Analyst
- TIFF/LZW Compression
- Expertise Available in GIS and environmental fields
- Holdings of GIS Data, Historic Maps, Quality Assurance Project Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Forms, Regulations, Permits, Manuals, Reports, Studies, policies and procedures documents.
- Access to Data Sharing websites for downloads.
The St. Regis Mohawk tribe is committed to supporting the efforts of Haudenosaunee Nations in developing their technical infrastructure by:
- Helping to integrate the use of information systems into the activities of Native Sovereign Nations;
- Fostering the use of information systems in projects;
- Reducing the financial burden on Nations in the purchase of costly software, equipment and training expenses;
- Utilizing existing technology (such as GPS) and internet resources;
- Reducing repetitive data collection, gathering and storing.
Reserving a workstation
Scheduling GPS Training at your facility
Funds availability for travel expenses
Scheduling GPS Equipment
SRMT Environment Division
412 State Route 37
Akwesasne, New York 13655