Print this Page
Week Long Activities
Healthy Indoor Air in Mohawk Homes
- Do not smoke in the home today, especially if young children are present! Encourage others to do the same.
- Count/notice all the places/times you encounter tobacco smoke during the day.
- Call your local health department, or other health or environmental group and ask if they are educating the public about the dangers of secondhand smoke. Offer to help.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper emphasizing the serious health risks to children from secondhand smoke in the home.
- Put a "No Smoking" sign in your car and in your home.
- Share information related to secondhand smoke with a friend who is a smoker.
- Talk to children you know about smoking. Share with them information about secondhand smoke.
Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Environment Division